Does the low tire pressure warning for a 2013 Raptor tell which tire has low pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am driving now, there is low tire pressure warning.

Does the low tire pressure warning for a 2013 Raptor tell which tire has low pressure

THX!

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I recently tore a tire tread block in two, and got a low pressure warning. By the time I could get the truck on level ground, there wasn't much guesswork about which tire had been damaged. By my count there are only 4 tires on the ground.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original federal mandate for TPMS is that it shows "low" when pressure drops below 25psi, so a lot of companies will use sensors that only have 2 states "OK" or "Low" rather than actually sensing the exact PSI and reporting it back (I'm guessing cost reasons).

Nevermind the fact that 25psi isn't the right place to indicate "low" for every type of tire/vehicle, but that's what happens when you get legislation involved. They did end up revising it to say "within 25% of the manufacturers recommended pressure", but still a lot of manufacturers stuck with the old 2 state sensors because they're cheaper, and again, 25% low isn't necessarily the best "low" point for all vehicles. The net result is that the system is almost worthless on some vehicles (for me, specifically for my sports car with sport tires, because even 10% low is VERY low) and you still have to check it manually to actually get precise results.

Last edited:

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully Ford will address this in their 2014 verisons, but it still won't do me no good, since I have a 2011 & plan on keeping for a long, long, long time. My GF's 2010 Chevy Cobalt tells you which tire is low. WTF!!!

JimT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's Porsche Cayman showed each tires pressure on a display in the dash. very nice.