Denso spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahitiansoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just searched on the forum for any spark plug replacement with Denso iridium but couldn't find the part number for my 6.2. On Rockauto I found that the stock plugs can be replaced with DENSO ITV20 #5339. Just want to know if this is the correct part before ordering 16 of them, thanks for help.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I have never had any issues with part numbers from Rock Auto. If they have them listed as for the 6.2, then I would believe it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're not going to immediately appreciate this, but with modern ECM controlled vehicles it is better to stick with the factory recommended plugs. Here's how I know:

I had a GMC Canyon which I bought new. At about 70K miles I decided that it was time to replace the plugs. I tried a set of those fancy aftermarket plugs that are only available via the Internet, and in a matter of a week the truck threw codes. The company (reluctantly) refunded my money, though I had to send them their plugs back at my own expense. Then I tried an expensive set of Bosch iridium plugs, and the same doggone thing happened. I went back to Auto Zone where I bought those plugs, and they told me that they frequently get complaints about aftermarket plugs on modern ECM controlled vehicles. Evidently the software parameters in the ECM are so specific that many vehicles will throw codes unless the factory recommended plugs are used.

Try your favorite Denso plugs if you like, but if your truck throws codes you'll know why.