decent jack ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hear the stock jack is about useless. What have you picked up and how do you store it?

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am actually looking at the same jack! We have a piece of crap pepboys jack that I am pretty sure broke...Thing will not keep my truck in the air for longer than 30 seconds....I don't trust it and I cant even throw jack stands under it...

I was going to get the H/F steel jack is the aluminum that much lighter? I'll have to say I think half of what killed the old jack was the fact that i used to wheel it down the drive way and the whole time its flopping all over....

TL/DR: Is the aluminum easy to carry?

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am actually looking at the same jack! We have a piece of crap pepboys jack that I am pretty sure broke...Thing will not keep my truck in the air for longer than 30 seconds....I don't trust it and I cant even throw jack stands under it... I was going to get the H/F steel jack is the aluminum that much lighter? I'll have to say I think half of what killed the old jack was the fact that i used to wheel it down the drive way and the whole time its flopping all over.... TL/DR: Is the aluminum easy to carry?

It's lighter but I went with steel because at the time it was $100ish less. Very happy with it. Single handedly held up the front end of a raptor in the soft sand of ocotillo for over an hour while we had other jacks under the control arm and slider.

slowest member of WCPR

TheGreatDew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's lighter but I went with steel because at the time it was $100ish less. Very happy with it. Single handedly held up the front end of a raptor in the soft sand of ocotillo for over an hour while we had other jacks under the control arm and slider.

slowest member of WCPR

I think it still is 100 dollars cheaper too. I might just go for the steel one I just need a better way of getting it down the drive way. I swear it kills them

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it still is 100 dollars cheaper too. I might just go for the steel one I just need a better way of getting it down the drive way. I swear it kills them

My grandpa used a plasma cutter and we took off all the wheels and housing. Means it doesn't roll. Also fits nicely in the designated Jack spot in my bed rack.

slowest member of WCPR

onesickpuppy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ebymuvy7.jpg

HF 2 ton with quick release!!!!