dealer check up before out of warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Im about to take my truck in for a check up before my 36,000 mile warranty expires. Anything I should tell them specifically to look at or trouble areas?

I have a front coil over leaking and my front hubs or whatever you call that vac operated locking mechanisms seem sketchy at times, having issues locking or unlocking, but I think thats just how they are going to work.

Thanks for your help. This forum helped me find my truck when I was looking.

Reaction score
Yes, tell them everything! Do a thorough walk around of your truck and make a list of any fluid leaks (even if very very small). Note any electrical hiccups you have ever experienced even if they are no longer on going. Leaking power steering is common. The dealership is not technically allowed to 'seek' out warranty work, it has to be a customer complaint. You can save hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars by making a big list and having components replaced before your warranty expires.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What he^^^ said. Leaking shocks, leaking rear differential cover, leaking power steering, whatever. Go through the truck with a fine tooth comb and if you see anything that gives you pause, mention to them to check it out and make sure they do.

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell them you have had intermittent power loses and tell them to due the tsb on fuse 27 (fuel pump) relocation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought about getting an ESP?
If you are I would suggest doing it before you hit the 36 to avoid the used vehicle mark up. For the price of semi-common problems like a blend door actuator I would take the gamble on it and get it. Unless you have no intention on keeping it very long.