Burnt oil smell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So after my mid perch attempt I took the raptor into the dealership to check alignment and adjust just to be safe. While there I decided to say **** it and have the oil changed over to full synthetic. Now my motor smells like burnt oil. Should I go back there and raise hell with the techs or will this burn its self off? Kinda pissed they either dripped oil and didn't clean it off or that something isn't right 50,000 dollar ride you would think they would care more about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

996Turbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might check the oil fill cap. We took one of our superdutys in for an oil change and they didn't put the cap back on and it blew oil all over the engine bay.

OP
OP
RigChaser962

RigChaser962

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ha!

But glad to hear you got the mid perch. Nose dive is much better eh?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Still on bottom perch. Shit went south when my Allen key broke off in the set screw :( lookin for a set of barely used front shocks so I can just swap out now. I was super bummed out after a very long Friday night.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Still on bottom perch. Shit went south when my Allen key broke off in the set screw :( lookin for a set of barely used front shocks so I can just swap out now. I was super bummed out after a very long Friday night.

Dang bud, that's not good! Maybe somebody has some shocks for sale on here

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter