Break caliper grease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you guys using for a brake caliper grease, slide pins and back side of the pads?

D

Deleted member 12951

What are you guys using for a brake caliper grease, slide pins and back side of the pads?

My slide pins were so damaged from being seized inside the hole that we had to drill it out. I purchased replacement ones from the dealership (less than $20) and each kit came with a packet of grease. There is more than enough for one guide pin so I used that stuff.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought this, thinking that I would do the brakes myself. Ended up giving it to my mechanic to do.

Attachments

• Z20KL0fo5oy.jpg
    Z20KL0fo5oy.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 76

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have always used Sil-Glyde on all the brake jobs I have done over the years.

This is great stuff!

http://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...=&ved=0ahUKEwiD6JW479zOAhWODBoKHWtzCAgQwjwIDg

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Some people use anti seize.

I would not use this on the slides, it will partially dry out causing more friction than you want.