Battery replacement recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah if you get an optima get a Yellow top. The Blue and the red i haven't had near as good of luck with.

Budget1

Reaction score
I've yet to run an Odyssey in a vehicle, but I have them in my PWC's. They are incredible. Tons of abuse and they still hold a charge. No leaking. You can mount them how ever you want. Nice stuff

Badgerscab6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swapped out for the red top that was in my old truck before I got rid of it a while back. I think a blue top would be the best choice though for this truck. Its made for marine use so its deep cycle (they do make blue starting too, black case). but because its for marine use, it has more vibration resistance and has 1/4 or 3/8 + and - posts for accessories

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noah
I sent you a PM about battery question.

I have three Tsunami 2150's in my boat. Time for replacements. Don't want to break the bank though. Boat is MB B-52 23V. PCM ZR6 motor, Audio is 6000 watts with 5 12 inch subs, 8 amps, and multiple other speakers. It was custom by Tim at Wet Sounds. Any advice. It's not my truck that needs replacing yet.

Thanks

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Sears is a AGM made by the same folks who build that type for the USG! Optima is a different set up than the AGM and has more problems plus will not last as long. Don't want to get too far in the weeds here but AGM is the way to go for what you look for in a battery. Plus the Optima used to be pretty common around here but no so much anymore. When you do find them most have been sitting in the shelf somewhere for a longer period of time than I will accept.

Last edited:

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The red, for what I was told is for performance starting for high compression engines . Yellow is for lots of accessories like lights or sound systems. Blue is for boats.