Ball Joint Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakehobbs

Reaction score
I had my '10 SCAB on the lift the other day checking out the front suspension since I need to replace one of my CV's. I wanted to see if anything looked worn to help curb the slight shake I get on the freeway in the steering wheel. Im just about to drop in on new tires and I want to make sure everything is dialed and aligned before I purchase rubber.

I did the "Ball Joint" test using a breaker bar, moving it up and down while under each tire and sure enough there is play in both lowers. My question to you guys is, do you find the uppers going out sooner/later/same time as the lowers? And....do you have any recommends other than the Moogs? Im assuming those are the way to go but want to get some opinions for those that have replaced.

I searched the forum and didnt come up with too much.

Thanks in advance!

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure on which goes first. I ask my service guy to check the front end every time I go in there. I have that slightly shake on the hywy too. When my uca's were replaced under warranty, it was because the ball joints were shot. Replacing the hole thing is just faster and less money in the long run. But, if you decide to just replace the ball joints, then yes, go with the Moog they have grease fittings. GL

OP
OP
jakehobbs

jakehobbs

Reaction score
Not sure on which goes first. I ask my service guy to check the front end every time I go in there. I have that slightly shake on the hywy too. When my uca's were replaced under warranty, it was because the ball joints were shot. Replacing the hole thing is just faster and less money in the long run. But, if you decide to just replace the ball joints, then yes, go with the Moog they have grease fittings. GL

Thanks for the insight @TheJoker

circafwsk8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you switch to uniballs and your truck will drive like a tank on rails……when your lca inner pivots go you'll be SOL. i have just the solution. rpg lca's for sale for not much more than a set of new oem lowers would cost.