Anyone install Cam Bolt Kit on LCA's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Adjustable Cam bolts on the lower control arms. I ordered a set from SDHQ after my last outing knocked the alignment out a smidge (steering wheel off TDC only, no drift).

I'm wondering if I'm overthinking this but would like to know thoughts from the pros...It's a couple hours shop time and an alignment to get them installed.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMAG0124.jpg
    IMAG0124.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 104

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an fyi< doesn't matter what kind of truck or suspension, long travel, mid travel, stock. After a good outing in the dirt you will need an alignment. We even have to do it to our race vehicles often.

OP
OP
GRT4DRT

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info... That definitely makes sense. Maybe the cam kit will reduce my alignment costs from my local shop... Or, I markup the cam kit after an alignment (scheduled for tomorrow) and I would be able to tweak (if necessary) until the "real" alignment is available.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Cambolt kit install then alignment. The install process is simple. Simply remove and replace the existing bolts. If a shop can't do that in an hour or less I would find a new shop.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Funny that I see this thread now as I was actually going to start one describing the install and my experience so far with this kit. I've had mine on for a couple of months and was pretty excited about it, installation was super easy. Along with just making the alignment easier, you would think that eccentric cam design would also make it harder for it to come out of spec......so far, not true. Everytime I've been out, the ones on the rear of the lca's have come loose......and when I say loose, I mean backed out to the point that you can feel the control arm moving around and at one point, the bolt was only about a 1/4" from coming out of the nut completely. I chalked it up to not being tight enough and had my alignment done again (hook up for me at the dealer, so it's cheap) and after going out again, they still continue to loosen up. I had better luck with the stock set up and may end up going back to it. It's great to be able to mark where it's at and simple to adjust but it's failure to keep tight is really letting me down and always on my mind when I go out. I'm gonna give it one more try (after I get it aligned again) and see what happens. But so far, I'm not to happy with it.

OP
OP
GRT4DRT

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy Turnbuckle! Thank you SO much for this feedback... I might abort this install. Going out on the Raptor Run this weekend and the LAST thing I need is to introduce a problem... Think I might just go with the alignment to get orange stripe on the the steering wheel back to top center.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed mine 5-6 months ago. They've done a much better job holding the arms in place imo. Cam kit or not my truck still gets knocked out after a good off road trip. I've aligned it roughly 20 times in the year that I've owned it.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Turnbuckle! Thank you SO much for this feedback... I might abort this install. Going out on the Raptor Run this weekend and the LAST thing I need is to introduce a problem... Think I might just go with the alignment to get orange stripe on the the steering wheel back to top center.

I'd do the alignment after the run, otherwise you will probably be doing it twice.

OP
OP
GRT4DRT

GRT4DRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True

I'd do the alignment after the run, otherwise you will probably be doing it twice.

Probably could have, but I just got the wheels, top perch, and deavers within the last month and wanted everything checked and the steering wheel pointed straight (small, but irritating nonetheless).

I'll probably be headed back there next week if the run is anything like what I think it will be.....