Anyone else have fragile leather seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I'm hitting 30,000 miles and I've noticed a fair bit of wear around the perforations. (sigh, insert gay joke here). And 190 lbs of me using it has also caused cracks. I had no idea it could be replaced under warranty and will look into that. Thanks!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I'm hitting 30,000 miles and I've noticed a fair bit of wear around the perforations. (sigh, insert gay joke here). And 190 lbs of me using it has also caused cracks. I had no idea it could be replaced under warranty and will look into that. Thanks!

i tried that and they said ford considers them "comfort wrinkles" :rolleyes:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is guys its not even real leather. The only leather price is the center with the perforations. Go out and feel the difference between the center and the sides. I wish I had real leather seats.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the Harley-Davidson Leather Care product has indeed been discontinued. However, Eagle 1 and other automotive sources have acceptable products available at the auto parts stores.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Does no one else use Lexol? I always thought it was the shit when it comes to leather conditioners.

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
I think the Harley-Davidson Leather Care product has indeed been discontinued. However, Eagle 1 and other automotive sources have acceptable products available at the auto parts stores.
This company Leather Care, Apple Brand, Cleaners, Conditioners, Water Repellent, Suede Cleaner is rumored to manufacture the HD leather products.

Lexol is a good product also. Interestingly I use that on my custom leather seat on my Harley and my leather couches.

My seats have been conditioned since I took delivery.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does no one else use Lexol? I always thought it was the shit when it comes to leather conditioners.

I LOVE Vinylex (The Lexol brand product for vinyl), ranks right with 303 for vinyl. I prefer Zaino Z9/Z10 over lexol for leather products though.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
The thing is guys its not even real leather. The only leather price is the center with the perforations. Go out and feel the difference between the center and the sides. I wish I had real leather seats.

the side bolsters and perforated sections are real leather on the seating area. it's the sides and back of the seat that are vinyl on the front...and of course the rear seat is all vinyl.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the side bolsters and perforated sections are real leather on the seating area. it's the sides and back of the seat that are vinyl on the front...and of course the rear seat is all vinyl.

REALLY? I thought the whole front seat was leather.