Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Ford Raptor Maintenance Forum
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Maintenance Forum

Anyone else have fragile leather seats?

This is a discussion on Anyone else have fragile leather seats? within the Ford Raptor Maintenance Forum forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Bag Balm. just used this past weekend , Front Seats were cracked and creased bad , plus dried out. I ...

User Tag List

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2016, 04:31 AM   #121 (permalink)
Banned

Location: HELL Arizona 6.2L There is more to life than gas mileage
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Bag Balm. just used this past weekend , Front Seats were cracked and creased bad , plus dried out. I had been using Adams leather every 3 months but didnt really make a diffrence. Smeared this stuff on thick and let it sit 2 days. The creases are relaxed now and leather is soft and it even allowed the foam to expand back on side bolsters . Seats feel much better.
Attached Thumbnails
lg-86689-72086c_18113_int.jpg  

BAD454SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #122 (permalink)

Ford Professional

Mentioned: 136 Post(s)

Originally Posted by alwayscode390 View Post
The orange parts of my seats are flaking off and it bugs the hell out of me. ---
Originally Posted by Wideglide93 View Post
I'm at 32k and yes seat is showing wear in the same places....
It might be worthwhile to mention your seat issues to the dealer, folks. If you decide to make an appointment, give me a shout.

alwayscode390: How many miles are on your truck?

Originally Posted by RaptorScrew View Post
Yup. My drivers seat is being replaced, however, for the second time due to my seat heater melting it. So new skin on at 52k drivers seat. Going on Thursday...
Come back and show off the new seat, RaptorScrew. I'm here if you need any help after your trip to the dealership.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:05 PM   #123 (permalink)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thumbs up
Originally Posted by FordService View Post

alwayscode390: How many miles are on your truck?

72k on my 2011 ... The rest of the seats look flawless, its just the orange centers. It looks horrible because under the flaking is white LOL. Both front seats are like that and I rarely have passengers. Thanks for your response. ---

alwayscode390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #124 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

IMO whichever quality product you use as long as you do it often enough I think is best to prevent excessive wear and cracking. I use zymol and keep a bottle and the applicator in the back seat, the pad has absorbed so much conditioner from over the years that it is pretty "wet" now and I just wipe the seat down with it almost daily, without reapplying the conditioner. But every other week or so I do use a little conditioner. I daily drive mine, I am a fairly big guy and my truck is 3 years old and even tho the seat is broken in a little of course it still looks great.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #125 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

From day one it's been mcguires care every 2 weeks. No problems yet.
aR4CE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:48 PM   #126 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

Originally Posted by 2014RubyRed View Post
I've got a 2014 Screw with about 30,000 miles on it. It sits outside all day and night. Sun, rain, snow, dust everything. I wipe my seats down with some kind of Armor All wipes when they get dirty AFTER I wipe them down with a wet cloth. They still look new. I've got no complaints with any of my seats. I've got workers jumping in and out all day with no weird wear happening. Maybe the newer leather seats are made differently.......
The seats are all plastic/vinyl coated leather. As far as I know, the older King Ranches were the only ones that had untreated, uncoated top grain leather. How much of the leather conditioner products actually makes it down into the leather is what I want to know. If you're just wiping it on and off, it's not going to soak all the way down. If you are massaging it in, and really working the product into the seat, you stand a chance.

Old 01-26-2016, 04:53 PM   #127 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by KODIAK View Post
The seats are all plastic/vinyl coated leather. As far as I know, the older King Ranches were the only ones that had untreated, uncoated top grain leather. How much of the leather conditioner products actually makes it down into the leather is what I want to know. If you're just wiping it on and off, it's not going to soak all the way down. If you are massaging it in, and really working the product into the seat, you stand a chance.
I've since moved on to the ADAMS cleaners and moisturizers. These are great products. The leather conditioner is applied with a foam pad, so you really do get to work it into the surfaces. Also doesn't leave that filmy slick finish and has SPF protection in it. I was truly blown away the first time I used and it brought back that new leather smell.
2014RubyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:14 PM   #128 (permalink)

The Cracker Raptor

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)

I've since moved on to the ADAMS cleaners and moisturizers. These are great products. The leather conditioner is applied with a foam pad, so you really do get to work it into the surfaces. Also doesn't leave that filmy slick finish and has SPF protection in it. I was truly blown away the first time I used and it brought back that new leather smell.
The key is a foam pad. Much better than any type of cloth. Even using your hand would be better than a cloth.
Trick_Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:15 PM   #129 (permalink)

aka Wreckless117

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)

Yea I love my Adams leather conditioner too. I need to do mine more often, but overall has kept the seats looking pretty good. Drivers side definitely has more wear, but that's to be expected I guess.
AdamsPolishes likes this.

www.haynesoffroad.com

Instagram: instagram.com/haynesoffroad

HAYNES OFFROAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:19 PM   #130 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Trick_Raptor View Post
The key is a foam pad. Much better than any type of cloth. Even using your hand would be better than a cloth.

That's what she said......

Trick_Raptor likes this.
2014RubyRed is offline   Reply With Quote