Anyone else have fragile leather seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

I've got a 2014 Screw with about 30,000 miles on it. It sits outside all day and night. Sun, rain, snow, dust everything. I wipe my seats down with some kind of Armor All wipes when they get dirty AFTER I wipe them down with a wet cloth. They still look new. I've got no complaints with any of my seats. I've got workers jumping in and out all day with no weird wear happening. Maybe the newer leather seats are made differently.......

Armor All, really?

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They do seem a little more fragile then other trucks I've had. I'm in and out all day so I'm pretty rough on Seats, don't use a chain wallet. Years ago when I just got my fx4 I was on a job, I threw a screwdriver in my back pocket, got in a hurry and jumped into the truck. I don't put too.s in my back pocket any more lol. I figure I'll need to replace in a year or so.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Might of been a better idea to spend some cash on an aftermarket upholstery job.

Someone had a link to a place that would make really nice SE type in many different colors for under 1k for the whole set.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I don't like about my seats are the mesh in the seat bottom and back. If gets full of stuff, grass, sawdust, etc and it's hard to pick out. I wish they were all leather.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I use Adams leather conditioner and have great results. Leaves seats super soft and not greasy. Soaks in well. I clean and condition about once a month when I wipe down everything. Yes I have some wrinkles, more so on drivers side, but thats leather (although cheap leather). It will do that. No cracking/splitting as of yet.