Amsoil recommended fluids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fcfdw

Reaction score
Mainly is it cool to use the amsoil atf in the transfer case? I don't know how the hell "transfer case fluid" could be different. I already changed it just want to know if i should expect it to blow up. The old fluid was definitely ready, just about black.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so this is kind of a mess. The manual i believe says to use motorcraft xt12 or mercon V. mercon V doesn't exist anymore and has been superseded by mercon LV which specifically staes not to use in transfer cases. mercon V is for auto trans and xt12 says not to use in auto trans(if memory serves me correctly). Amsoil recommends their multi vehicle and fuel efficient ATF and it exceeded the specs of both. so.....who knows....but seriously it should be fine.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so this is kind of a mess. The manual i believe says to use motorcraft xt12 or mercon V. mercon V doesn't exist anymore and has been superseded by mercon LV which specifically staes not to use in transfer cases. mercon V is for auto trans and xt12 says not to use in auto trans(if memory serves me correctly). Amsoil recommends their multi vehicle and fuel efficient ATF and it exceeded the specs of both. so.....who knows....but seriously it should be fine.

^^^^He is right i even use Amsoil for cooking. Great stuff....:ROFLJest: