Alignment at dealer...ugh!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped off my Raptor at my dealer this morning for the first time in 20k miles. Had them look at the fan speed motor acting goofy (resistor issue), had them check a vibration in the steering wheel when braking (possible rotor or CV issue) and had them check the alignment and install the cam bolt kit that I purchased and provided to them.

They couldn't duplicate the fan speed motor issue I've been having, so I guess I'll just buy the part (~$60) and replace it myself. They didn't feel a vibration in the steering wheel and they said the rotors and CV joint looked good. Since they only had the truck for 8 hours, they didn't have time to do the alignment. They called me and told me it would be 2 hours to do the alignment and another 2 hours to install the cam bolts. After I heard that, I asked for my keys and left.

I won't be going back to the dealer for anything anytime soon....

D

Deleted member 12951

Sounds like the typical dealership. If they are doing an alignment, have no idea why they can't do the cam kit at the same time would not be that big of a deal. I had firestone install mine when doing their lifetime alignment.

OP
OP
Taxman

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Jimbo Why don't you go install some lights on your X5. Here's an idea for you.

x5fail.jpg

I don't see how it would take 4 hours to align and install the cam bolts. The cam bolts would be done as part of the alignment and it shouldn't take any more time than usual. I'm taking it to my buddies at 4WP to do the alignment and install the cam bolts. I'm not going to the dealer for anything else. What a crock.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not all dealers are crooks, I've dealt with some good ones and some though, I just shake my head at.