Alignment Covered by Ford 1 Year/12k Mile; Any Limitations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TxNate

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with getting alignment done at the dealership with this coverage? Dropped it off this morning and the service advisor said it is covered unless it is determined that aftermarket wheel/tires were the cause. I have Fuel wheels and Nitto 35's (also mid-perched). I asked how that would be determined and she said the tech would make that call. Ohhhkay

While I was waiting for my ride I saw the technicians looking at my bumper which is all smashed in from Raptoberfest (underside of truck is also still caked with dirt). Then I just got a call from the service advisor who said they were going to take it back to check it out now but that it looks like it was in a front end collision (because of bumper) so maybe that is why alignment is off. Curious what others have experienced before I have that conversation with the advisor when I pick it up. thanks

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Tell them to suck your ******** and do the ******* alignment before you beat the shit of them. ****** dealers **** me off.

OP
OP
TxNate

TxNate

Reaction score
So they ended up covering the alignment (toe was out) under the warranty. She said "we can't tell for sure if off-roading caused it so we'll give you the benefit of the doubt". I bit my tongue and smiled.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So they ended up covering the alignment (toe was out) under the warranty. She said "we can't tell for sure if off-roading caused it so we'll give you the benefit of the doubt". I bit my tongue and smiled.

So my advice worked. You're welcome.

FvilleRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this listed in the warranty book, I have not looked for it but I was just wondering. I am planning on doing mid perch to my truck soon and would love to be able to get Ford to pick up the alignment for me.

maximus5403

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the dealer notices it's on mid perch they most likely won't warranty the alignment. My dealer got down with a flashlight in the suspension, but I guess didn't notice so I got lucky having it aligned under warranty.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It's worth a shot. I definitely wouldn't mention the adjustment. Just tell them it's been pulling a little and you want it checked. Once they get it on the machine they'll see it's out of specs and align it.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My stealership didn't notice the mid-perch and the alignment was done under warranty. The techs around here think a mid perch is Buzzard sitting half way up tree that is getting ready to swoop down onto road kill.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So when I pick up my Raptor in Fort Worth, I plan on taking it to TMX to do the Mid Perch. After TMX hooks it up, I wonder how strange it would be if I took it right back to the stealership and said it needs an alignment? lol..