Air Impact Wrench.....Try cordless and never look back!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have used on and off a Matco, Snap On and Ingesoll Rand air Impact wrench. I finally invested in a Ingersoll Rand cordless impact wrench. I was a bit doubtful at first it could hold up to any air wrench but man this thing is simply outstanding. If you don't want to invest in a comprssor a bunch of fittings, hoses etc. look at the Ingersoll Rand W7150 cordless impact wrench. It matches.....yes...... I said matches IR's top Air Impact wrench in power and torque. I could not believe the power this thing has. Battery holds a charge, it seems forever. Charges back in less than thirty minutes. This is one bad ass impact wrench and no compressor or hose to fool with. If you do much work on your vehicle, you know you will eventually need an impact wrench. I did not want to go through all the issues with air but I was a little concerned about any cordless impact wrench. I rolled the dice and boy was I surprised and pleased with what I got. If your in the market be sure to check out this impact wrench.

and NO I do not work for IR........just passing along what I hope is some helpful information.:waytogo::waytogo:

mikehoncho88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just have a Craftsman cordless impact, but still it's a life saver. It's one of those things you wonder how you ever lived without it before.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the ryobi 1/2" drive impact gun and lipo battery pack, it saved untold amounts of time when I swapped the trans in my old liberty. I keep it in the truck with a charger and sockets for the truck and trailer lug nuts now and prefer it over the 22" breaker bar that I also keep in the truck.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Milwaukee that I keep in my truck. Nothing better than pulling up to one of my work trucks to change a flat tire, and having an inside dually changed, and back on the road in less than ten minutes.

Well, maybe there are a few things better...but it is pretty nice.

Txfight00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having been under the truck with the W7150, do you see any advantage to going with the IR W7250 with the extended anvil?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Kobalt 20V I picked up at Lowe's hardware. I'm not sure how it actually compares to the others, but with 380 lbft of torque, quick charging batteries, etc. It has saved me all kinds of time.

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was really about to ask some of y'all about these. How about your air powered tools which ones seem to last and work good for y'all.

Sent from your girlfriends closet

OP
OP
M

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having been under the truck with the W7150, do you see any advantage to going with the IR W7250 with the extended anvil?

Frankly for our trucks I think the W7150 is probably a bit overkill. Your looking at 1100 ft lbs of torque the same as IR's top air wrench. There is not really much it can't loosen or tighten and nothing on our truck would overcome this cordless beast.