Air Filter Reference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Here are the ones I have found so far:

Baldwin PA4323

Carquest 83883

Defense DA10262

Ford 7C3Z-9601-A
-Newer versions of these have been reported to be thin filters

Fram CA10262
-Looks to be a thick filter

Hastings AF1333

Microguard MGA10262

Motorcraft FA-1883

NAPA 9883
-Reportedly made by Wix

Purolator A35642
-Made in the US
-Thin filter (was previously a thick filter)

STP SA10262

Wix 49883
-Made in US
-Thick filter
-Reportedly the same as NAPA Gold
-Can be had on Amazon for $15 each (get two and get free shipping!!)

If anyone runs across any details (thick or thin filter, country of origin, etc.), let me know and I will update.

Note:
There is a photo showing the difference between the thick and the thin filters in this post:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f7/2010-svt-raptor-air-filter-check-replace-5-4l-5642/

Last edited:

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those Purolators in my neck of the woods are now thin and don't have the "oil treatment" any longer. Same as the newest ones from the Ford dealer which doesn't surprise me because I think the OEM Motorcraft is made by Purolator.

(I replace my air filter a lot!)

FordFanStan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I will be getting a new one this week and I will let you know which one I go for and if it does happen to be the thick or thing model. FFS

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If anyone wants to buy an OEM filter (thick and pre-oiled), since they don't make them anymore, I do have one. It has about 500 miles on it. But with the prices of oil sky-rocketing there will be a premium on the pre-oil treatment in addition to the extra filter material of the thicker element. :) It's been in a bag since I put the Roush on.

abigaillozano

Reaction score
Fram CA10262
-Looks to be a thick filter...

I've been looking a bit at the air filters and I'm tempted to get the fram because it is very affordable at $10 with free pickup from walmart

Walmart.com: FRAM CA10262 Extra Guard Air Filter: Automotive

I was wondering what the difference is between the thick and thin filters? In addition is this made in the US? I would really like to buy something made from the US at least I know it's good quality.

OP
OP
KaiserM715

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I've been looking a bit at the air filters and I'm tempted to get the fram because it is very affordable at $10 with free pickup from walmart

Walmart.com: FRAM CA10262 Extra Guard Air Filter: Automotive

I was wondering what the difference is between the thick and thin filters? In addition is this made in the US? I would really like to buy something made from the US at least I know it's good quality.

Abigail, take a look at this post to see the difference between the thick and thin filters:
http://www.svtoffroad.com/f27/2010-svt-raptor-air-filter-check-replace-5-4l-481/#post2577

The country of manufacture should be listed on the box.