6 chips < 10,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 13 raptor already has 6 paint chips on the front end. I have oem tuxedo black paint. Should I just patch them myself or should I have it professionally done? Do they really do anything different than I would?

This michigan winter aged my poor raptor way too much! :(

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can't answer your question without knowing your skill level with paint. I've done some touch ups in my day that were just as good as some professional jobs, but I've also not seen some professional jobs because they were blended in so well.

Where are the chips located? Hood?

Also, If you don't mind me asking, approximately where in Michigan do you live?

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah i've got a couple small ones in my hood decal, really irk me if i pay attention to them.

OP
OP
Raptor_man

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of them are near the lights. Where it angles up... And there is one on the top front of the hood. I live in Livingston county near Ann Arbor. I work with a guy who is pretty much a professional painter. He could do it if it's not that big of a deal?

Would it be worth getting a vinl cover after I repair them?

Sorry for the bad text - trying to type this out on my phone. I tried adding a pic I took earlier of two chips on one of the headlight slopes

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 79

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I gave up on it, my front hood is covered in chips. Eventually I'll have it re-painted.
Get the clear bra wish I did.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep I got the clear bra glad I did still got a chip but it was covered by the bra warranty. That was a big ass rock different tires help.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have quite a few on mine, I just touch it up with the Tuxedo Black Touch-up paint from Ford, and then not look to hard for them.
Every Winter so far 4 all together, I get new ones, it does suck.