50k maintenance ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

QUADS2929

Reaction score
What is 50k maintenance ? I change out oil every 5k with extended interval amsoil full synthetic but am I suppose to do anything at 50k, trans flush , rear diff etc?

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It says in the manual when they recommend you to everything, but if you feel like getting it done, do it. It can't hurt it, if anything it extents the life of the truck. I'd be weary of sending it to ford to have everything flushed. I sent it to them due to time constraints and had them change everything but the engine oil and it was 900 bucks. Lots if fluids to change but 900 buck is still ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Q

QUADS2929

Reaction score
Run amsoil in the diffs and tranny. It will let your truck run smoother for longer

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

YEA amsoil is what I am goin for, I don't have manual handy what are the capacities and the weights of fluids to be used in tranny and diffs? is the tranny as simple as a flush?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The manual actually changes from year to year for the differential recommendations, apparently with no real rhyme or reason. But the main recommendation that stays the same is to use 3 quarts of 75w-140 for the rear diff and 2 quarts of 75W or 80W-90. Using Amsoil, I recommend their Severe Gear 75W-90 and 75W-140. You won't need additional additives with either one.

For the tranny, use Amsoil Fuel Efficient Transmission Fluid since it meets the Mercon LV fluid requirement and go ahead and order the case of two 2.5 gallon jugs to ensure you have enough to complete the flush. Now, while I agree with doing your own fluid maintenance, I highly recommend having your servicing dealer perform a hot flush with their transmission flush machine. They can do so with the replacement fluid at operating temperature and that is important with these trannies.

You said you already use Amsoil in the engine. If you are not already a wholesale direct account holder with them, let me know and I can save you some coin. If you are, let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help you figure out your Raptor maintenance further.

OP
OP
Q

QUADS2929

Reaction score
The manual actually changes from year to year for the differential recommendations, apparently with no real rhyme or reason. But the main recommendation that stays the same is to use 3 quarts of 75w-140 for the rear diff and 2 quarts of 75W or 80W-90. Using Amsoil, I recommend their Severe Gear 75W-90 and 75W-140. You won't need additional additives with either one.

For the tranny, use Amsoil Fuel Efficient Transmission Fluid since it meets the Mercon LV fluid requirement and go ahead and order the case of two 2.5 gallon jugs to ensure you have enough to complete the flush. Now, while I agree with doing your own fluid maintenance, I highly recommend having your servicing dealer perform a hot flush with their transmission flush machine. They can do so with the replacement fluid at operating temperature and that is important with these trannies.

You said you already use Amsoil in the engine. If you are not already a wholesale direct account holder with them, let me know and I can save you some coin. If you are, let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help you figure out your Raptor maintenance further.[/QUO 5 quarts in the diffs total?

OP
OP
Q

QUADS2929

Reaction score
Yes but they are different viscosities. You can't just order 5 of one kind.

OK SO 3 OF THE 75 -140 AND 2 OF THE 75-90? and they are combined in the rear diff? sorry for the redundance I just want to get it right

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes correct. No they stay separate. The rear diff takes the 140 and front 90. No worries I just ordered a complete fluid change last week.