2011 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrbies

Reaction score
I've got about 70,000 mi on my Raptor, been car towing for 4 yrs. My truck seems to be hesitating every now and then and it also slams into gear on downshifts. Anybody ever had any transmission problems? I've taken it into the Ford dealer and they keep saying there is no problem.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few things I would do in your position. First, clean the MAF sensor, air filter (or replace if running the stock filter), remove and clean the throttle body itself and then once that is all done, if you are running the stock tuning, go by the dealership and have them reflash the stock tune back into the truck. Since you tow quite a bit, that can increase the amount of oil vapor going back through the intake and throttle body to be burned in the engine. That will leave an oily film on the throttle body that can cause a hesitation like you are experiencing. The dealership reflash will get the "learned" shift points back to normal and allow you opportunity to eliminate that from possible causes for the hard shifts.

If you haven't already done so, installing a new air/oil separator catch can is a cheap and easy mod to do to help eliminate oil vapor from going through your engine.

Check it out below
https://raptor-svt.freedommotorspor...product_info&cPath=1126_1369&products_id=2076

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got about 70,000 mi on my Raptor, been car towing for 4 yrs. My truck seems to be hesitating every now and then and it also slams into gear on downshifts. Anybody ever had any transmission problems? I've taken it into the Ford dealer and they keep saying there is no problem.

Hi jrbies,

When you were at the dealership for diagnosis, were they able to replicate the hesitation? If not, you may want to take your tech on a test drive so you can demonstrate it for them. Additionally, I'll notify your regional customer service manager so they can assist. To make that happen, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal