15,000 Mile Service - Anyone Have It Done Yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Raptor has about 13,000. My dealer sent me an email telling me it's time for my 15,000 mile service :)

Here's what the website says needs to be done for the 15,000 Mile Service Schedule:

1. Replace engine air filter - doing this myself at every oil 5,000 mile oil/filter change
  2. Perform multi-point inspection
  3. Inspect and lubricate all non-sealed steering linkage,ball joints,suspension joints,half and drive-shafts and u-joints
  4. Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system
  5. Inspect complete exhaust system and heat shields
  6. Inspect engine cooling system and hoses
  7. Change engine oil and replace oil filter (Up to 5 quarts of oil. Perform at specified mileage interval or every 6 months, whichever occurs first)
  8. Rotate and inspect tires; check wheel end play and turning noise

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the same (I think) as the 5k and 10k services, minus the air filter change (which I also handle myself). I'm due for the 10k, and like last time I expect to spend around $75.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was unaware of any service / lubrication points on ANY of these. Is there something I missed?

No, Kaiser, you did not miss anything........these are generalized maintenance schedules printed to cover the light duty truck lines. I have looked the Raptor over and have not found any serviceable items as listed above. You are right on top of it my friend.

FSM

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Raptor has about 13,000. My dealer sent me an email telling me it's time for my 15,000 mile service :)

7. Change engine oil and replace oil filter (Up to 5 quarts of oil. Perform at specified mileage interval or every 6 months, whichever occurs first)

They only change 5 of the 7 quarts? What is that a new California law designed to cut back on oil usage? :mrgreen:

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check the air pressure in the spare!

Everyone forgets it until they need it.......far from an air dispenser or compressor.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the 15,000 mile service is nothing more than an inspection, an oil and filter change and a tire rotation (and an air filter if you need it)?

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the 15,000 mile service is nothing more than an inspection, an oil and filter change and a tire rotation (and an air filter if you need it)?

You get a nice lil stamp in your service log too for your $250. :wave:

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing... some dealers will do the inspection for free if you ask... I think it cost me $14 for the tire rotation and inspection but I changed the oil myself.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HA! It doesn't cost me anywhere near $250 (mine's included in the purchase price - all my services are "free" up to a certain number).

man-free-sign.png

Plus I can get my umpteenth microphone too.

not-this-again.jpg