Off Road Mode Tuning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike.s

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was talking to Nick at JDM about tuning ORM to improve throttle response. He said it should be possible although they haven't done it because nobody else has ever asked them to. I can't be the only one who thinks ORM sucks. It's very laggy and has poor throttle response.

If anyone else is interested in getting ORM tuning, speak up now. If it's possible to improve ORM, I don't know why it hasn't been done yet.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Off road mode is purposely sluggish, it's so when you are in a slippery situation you don't spin the tires. At least that's the way I view it

Dirt Bag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is sluggish and would be great to get better response.
I use it for better shift points and the ability to downshift with just a blip of the gas pedal.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I enjoyed ORM when you're hammering whoops or bumps and your foot presses in from it on accident, it doesn't affect where you were at throttle wise. It's very linear.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ORM purposely changes the throttle response to be near linear on purpose, yes this gives it a sluggish feeling but it is on purpose.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like ORM in all conditions. The only change I would make would be up in the 5-6 gear area. 70 mph and the truck is still sitting in 5th gear. It would be nice if it kicked into 6th gear if / when the rpms become consistent for something like 5 - 10 miles.

Having said that, I would rather leave ORM alone, and tune the two / three stock settings (normal, sport, advanced) tunes to mimic ORM with just a revised 5-6 gear shift change.