Word of advice on side steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bnewell101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I know some people like to take the cast iron side steps off makes your truck look taller sexier yata yata. Well I'm just sayin don't. I was off roading on some trails when I found a concrete slab dropping off the a 4 foot drainage ditch. Dropped off my front left tire and was literally dangling off this slab. After my buddy pulled me out no damage at all accept a slightly bent side step. Saved me from ALOT of body damage lol

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^What he said

Messed up paint is just a good reason to linex your whole truck.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea the side steps are ok for things like paint chips and little rocks you drop off on but like they said its only aluminum I'm taking my steps off and either buy a set of steel sliders from RPG or ADD or just get off my ass buy a new welder and make my own so they won't bend when you hit rocks haha like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 156

customtruckshop

LGE-CTS Motorsports
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you dont care about paint why spend 5 k on a paint job thats gonna faid in a few years.

Fade in a few years!? You need a new paint shop my friend. We have a lifetime warranty on our paint jobs because we use quality products and have expert painters to back them up. If the clear coat happens to fail, which basically never happens, we would re-clear it.

Our Raptor has a custom paint job and it looks brand new when cleaned even after it has been beaten up in the desert, on the track, and driven every day. Our aftermarket side bars also really help protect from rocks and debris.

raptor.jpg

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah i dont know line x premium is complete shit. My fenders faided 3 months after i got them painted, they re did it cause i yelled at them. 2 months later it faded again after winter. I used bed liner from walmart and its way better lol

DIRTYFUN

Xpedition Ready Design
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fade in a few years!? You need a new paint shop my friend. We have a lifetime warranty on our paint jobs because we use quality products and have expert painters to back them up. If the clear coat happens to fail, which basically never happens, we would re-clear it.

Our Raptor has a custom paint job and it looks brand new when cleaned even after it has been beaten up in the desert, on the track, and driven every day. Our aftermarket side bars also really help protect from rocks and debris.

raptor.jpg

I believe Netix was referencing DirtNasty's comment about linex'ing the whole truck not repainting it traditionally.