Winch Maintanance and Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Grab the Winch line repair / splice kit too. Makes it easier to outt out all back together when you do the install of the prolink.

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Joe how is this winch holding up? I have started looking and it seems to have gotten good reviews. How do you like it?

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The recon 10,500 has been impressive. It got a work out this snoball with no issues. I'm waiting for the cheap remote to quite working but it has held up fine.

You can't beat it for the price.

Thank You for your donations to Avery. We hit our goal!

Yukon Joe
Snoball 3
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As Joe saw, my remote cut in and out a couple times for some reason.

I got to play with @rap67 winch (and no I'm not talking about his wife) a couple times and the remote is really nice. It also felt like it spooled and unspooled faster. This is based on what I felt, we didn't actually test the theory. Mine bogged down at one point getting me out of a spot and I later learned that turning off your lights and keeping the truck in neutral to rev it a little helps this.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Recon as well. It has worked well so far. I changed the battery in my remote just in case prior to SnoBall.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also have a recon that got a workout at snoball. It's not as fast as the high dollar units probably uses more amps than the other units. Yes my remote cuts on and off sometimes but I have a hard line controller if it goes out. I also replaced my eye because it got crushed. But I think the recon is the best bang for the buck and it's never left me stranded.
fa328646fa0824d29b207ec2429f9735.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk