Winch Maintanance and Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
From recons site it said 88ft of rope. I asked ADD, the 10500lb is the biggest the race series r will hold. Idk about the others.

Wilson, dan told me in wishy washy. Lol.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you carry a snatch block and winch line repair kit you should be able to pull yourself up a tree if the branch will hold you. As for a long cable I would opt for shorter rather than longer and carry an extension. Your winch has more leverage the closer the windings are to the drum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you carry a snatch block and winch line repair kit you should be able to pull yourself up a tree if the branch will hold you. As for a long cable I would opt for shorter rather than longer and carry an extension. Your winch has more leverage the closer the windings are to the drum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was reading. I was looking at the 17,500 lb recon which has 14k lb pull with all 96ft of steel cable wound up. Lol. To big for the bumper I ordered though. The 10500 has 8k or so lbs with all 80 some feet wound up.

I'll end up with the 10500 with maybe 30 ft of rope?

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's what I was reading. I was looking at the 17,500 lb recon which has 14k lb pull with all 96ft of steel cable wound up. Lol. To big for the bumper I ordered though. The 10500 has 8k or so lbs with all 80 some feet wound up.

I'll end up with the 10500 with maybe 30 ft of rope?

The recon comes with about 90' of blue rope. You can but extra line at www.masterpull.com

Ideally, you'd keep little line on the winch and have a nice long extension. Once I replace my line, I will be going this route.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
20 mins of searching to find this thread again!!! All I wanted to see was what thimble you got as I crushed mine at snoball.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Next time to do a Google search, it'll pull up FRF threads super quick with more keywords.