Wheeling, and of course getting stuck..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A few pics from the last two trips i ran. I will have pics of the recovery/stuckness/hole in the ground when in the next few days.

Water crossing
vImQH.jpg
4ttEp.jpg

little mudpit, where there are some natural springs to keep it nice and gooey (a bit to gooey i found out today)
IMG_1628.jpg

After
otAAd.jpg

Some of the toys we played with during the non wheeling times.
Nc84h.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtNasty

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just wait till i get the picks from today, thankfully no damage done today beyond some underside mud/scraping. I will be needing a new front bumper as you can see in that last pic.. damn hidden tree stump on the side of a hill while doing a three point turn on a jeep trail...

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Happens...look around for a used skid plate or call up one of the Vendors for a new front... sometimes if you get both the front and the back bumpers...they will give you a deal...

The AR and Ruger look awesome!!
Is that the Ruger Mk I II or III?
What are the specs/upgrades on the Ruger??

How I wish for suppressed firearms laws to be fair to Us here in CA!!

OP
OP
DirtNasty

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
it was a mk2 if im not mistaken, new upper, new lower, new trigger group, and an AAC can.

thing was BEAST! i forget all the specs of the upper/lower but i can get them from my buddy if you are that curious.

Yeah im just gonna get a new bumper, just need to sort out which one. The ADD guys have some nice stuff im just worried about how far it sticks out since i plan on smashing into things with it (hence why i need a new one now).

MrGreen33

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you see FRF member e63 build thread regarding his RPG prototype front and rear bumpers along with their rock sliders??

Seen them in person (a week and half before I received my Venom:shocked:) at the Raptor Expeditions this past July..they meet all my requirements...Looks great but if someone did not know...they are actually built specifically with a purpose....clearance!!

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dirt, is that an A.R.E. CX Series Camper Shell? If so, what options did you get?

OP
OP
DirtNasty

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dirt, is that an A.R.E. CX Series Camper Shell? If so, what options did you get?

Leer shell :)

Should have gotten a damn ARE, i think they can actually hold some weight on top of them. :(

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Did you see FRF member e63 build thread regarding his RPG prototype front and rear bumpers along with their rock sliders??

Seen them in person (a week and half before I received my Venom:shocked:) at the Raptor Expeditions this past July..they meet all my requirements...Looks great but if someone did not know...they are actually built specifically with a purpose....clearance!!

yeah i have been talking to those guys, my perfect setup would be a bit different then most. Mainly due to me being on the east coast, and my end goal of doing some proper long haul expedition style travel in this beast at some point. (think aussie style bush bumpers, roof racks, etc).

That may require a two phase build tho, first things first more pictures.

A pic from today, fun little sloppy dip after rolling up a small incline.
F6q6n.jpg

OP
OP
DirtNasty

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And now for some of the stuck photos..

TOTALLY did this to my damn self, didnt have enough steering going on when i hit reverse so i dug the trench abit with the rears in 2wd, then put the fronts right in that trench. :(

cp7hz.jpg
58DlX.jpg

Here is where the front was stuck.
lXSrc.jpg

Getting the bubba ready for some good ole tugging. (we winched it out, and the rear got stuck)
Yf0G4.jpg

Last edited: