What winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traxiii

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the extra pull of the 12K is well worth the little extra money.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on first or sec gen I think should mater between the 9000lbs to the 12000. My wife bought me a warm 10000x just like the one I had on my Jeep. I would have bought the 12k but it was a present so I bolted the 10k on 4 years ago and it hasn’t failed me yet. I never pulled my self out but I pulled out other trucks and suvs. Plus fence post and tree stumps. Even made a zip line for my boys when we went camping. It is still going strong.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on first or sec gen I think should mater between the 9000lbs to the 12000. My wife bought me a warm 10000x just like the one I had on my Jeep. I would have bought the 12k but it was a present so I bolted the 10k on 4 years ago and it hasn’t failed me yet. I never pulled my self out but I pulled out other trucks and suvs. Plus fence post and tree stumps. Even made a zip line for my boys when we went camping. It is still going strong.

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is Warn better than Smittybilt?
Tough question. Is ford better the Chevy. On this forum yes, Ford is the best. ( unless you are that odd guy that drives a Dodge and trolls our forum) my opinion, Warn is the best. I owned 3 brands and warn has not failed me yet. Also once upon a time I had a jeep it was in a jeep club and voted 12-2 that Warn was the best option when you are in a jam. Warn should send me a Commission for this post Lol.

Rocsteady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only mount I've seen mentioned was the SDHQ and it's $400! Anyone else seen a mount, hidden, that's not more expensive than the winch?? I don't want an aftermarket bumper. I'm leaning toward either a Smittybilt or Barricade 12000 lb model at this point. The Barricade is the lightest by far which I really like.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only mount I've seen mentioned was the SDHQ and it's $400! Anyone else seen a mount, hidden, that's not more expensive than the winch?? I don't want an aftermarket bumper. I'm leaning toward either a Smittybilt or Barricade 12000 lb model at this point. The Barricade is the lightest by far which I really like.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C0XANNE/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Lol, yes.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warn is built in the great USA, shittybuilt in China.

NO ONE I know in the Jeep world or Raptoir world trusts the Chinese built stuff.
I've heard good things about SUPERWINCH, but again - Chinese, and I wouldn't buy from them for any reason at all!