What winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spend the extra and get the 12k with synthetic line, that's what I have and a bunch of others in the chicago area have. Contact Roger @RSiWORKS for a great deal on it.

What's the weight from 10k to 12k. Was trying to keep the weight down

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a x20 ever had it in extreme cold?...gets pretty cold in Canada. That or completely submerged in water? Another question I have is the corrosion resistance to it, we put salt on the roads here so I was worried about that.

OrangeAddict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had it submerged before with no issues. It went to snowball 2014 with no issues but I also did not have to use it there.

--Cheers

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get something with synthetic line from the factory. Sometimes the drums are different metal vs synthetic line. I would say avoid the "entry level" Warn winches. They are junk. Smittybilt are okay, especially for the price, but their QC is terrible. I recommend Superwinch Talon or Warn Zeon.

Last edited:

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone with a x20 ever had it in extreme cold?...gets pretty cold in Canada. That or completely submerged in water? Another question I have is the corrosion resistance to it, we put salt on the roads here so I was worried about that.

Mine has been through 2 Snoballs, and 4 very wet trips to WI and worked every time I have needed it to. Corrosion is basically none existent. Definatly buy with synth line in the box, upgrading to synth is $$$$$$ after the fact.

OP
OP

98infinity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get something with synthetic line from the factory. Sometimes the drums are different metal vs synthetic line. I would say avoid the "entry level" Warn winches. They are junk. Smittybilt are okay, especially for the price, but their QC is terrible. I recommend Superwinch Talon or Warn Zeon.

QC = quality care???