Tucson Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4wheelnut

Reaction score
Hi All, I will be relocating from SoCal to Tucson in a couple of weeks and would appreciate any advise on Raptor friendly trails in the area. Also if there are any groups or individuals out there willing to show me around that would be great.
Thanks

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used to live in Sierra Vista, about 90 miles from Tucson... A lot of the desert out there is open to wheeling, or it was when I lived there. Lots of Sandy washes that are conducive to Raptor antics. Texas canyon east of Tucson is really a cool place to check out and explore. Watch out for cattle as most of the area is open range, and don't be surprised to see groups of "immigrants" all over the place.

OP
OP

4wheelnut

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up and area advise. Sounds promising, hopefully I can join a group or individual to enjoy the washes, canyons etc. don’t fancy going alone especially in unfamiliar territory.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Thanks for the heads up and area advise. Sounds promising, hopefully I can join a group or individual to enjoy the washes, canyons etc. don’t fancy going alone especially in unfamiliar territory.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in between Phoenix and Tucson , seems like most of the raptor activity is up north . I was wanting to do a mount Lemmon fire road run or KItt Peak (paved) just to get out of the summer heat. I know red rock area has a lot of trails ,u want to stay away from tabletop mountain area . major drug corridor. PM me

Cosmo

Reaction score
Welcome to Arizona. You are going to enjoy your Raptor here for sure. I live in Phoenix. It’s about 1.5-2 hours away depending on where you start in Tucson and where you end in Phoenix. Plenty of trails in Tucson. I’m not sure about Raptor groups, but up here we have Arizona Raptor Runs. Great group. They are awesome. I’ll post the link below. Definitely worth making the trip if you are able to.

https://arizonaraptorruns.com/