Tow Strap advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_Rudy_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, recently I went to Richmond for one of those mud run deals. Long story short, it took us 3 hrs to go 3 miles due to traffic back up. Once we got to the venue, we realized it was from everyone's cars getting stuck in the corn field they were having us park in. Apparently it dumped rain on the cars once they were hundereds of yards out in this field, it was epic. F250s were pulling out jeeps, and the local farmers were doing work with their tractors, etc. We ran our heat then went to leave. Since I didnt have a tow strap with me, all I could do was press the appropriate buttons to put the truck in badass mode then proceed to tear ass across this muddy field about 50mph and do a bunch of doughnuts and whatnot (back in the back near no one), enjoying the fact that these trucks kick complete ass :laughing1:.

That made me realize I should probably keep a tow strap with me. In the past, I've always just grabbed a chain when I've needed to pull someone out of some local mudholes. What do those of you with experience suggest? I'd like something compact that will fit under the rear seat (SCAB) since it'll probably be used once or twice ever.....

Thanks!

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have have a 35' X 2" nylon lifting strap. it good for 40,lb with a 4X safety rating. But their a dime a dozen in the oilfield. I think it was like 60 bucks.

Banned
Reaction score
for mud, and situations like that, cant go wrong with a bubba rope. i have one of those.

also for just pulling like out of sand, or snow, i have a 2"x30' tow strap rated for 50,000 lbs.

id say im covered lol. keep in mind the difference between a recovery strap/rope, and a straight tow strap. you gotta use them differently to not cause damage

Last edited:

KeithS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like these as a multipurpose strap. You can attach to most vehicles with no knots and no accessories needed. The 2" one is strong enough for full size vehicles.

http://www.racereadyproducts.com/tie-downs--tow-straps/super-strap/

super-strap-1200x150.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Bubba rope. They are awesome. Plus the look on bystanders faces when you hit 30mph by the end of the rope is awesome.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bubba rope. They are awesome. Plus the look on bystanders faces when you hit 30mph by the end of the rope is awesome.

I'd like to see a video of bubba rope in action....
I bought a 30' from Lowes® but that was last minute.