Storing Heavy Tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So i came to find out that I had a similar issue with the quickfist clamps. I hit a lumpy sugar cane field doing about 50. After about a mile, The quickfist on my 5 lb extinguisher, my shovel and my axe, all gave up. My flashlight was hanging on by a thread.

I decided to buy another quick release mount for my 5 lber ( using a bleepin jeep steel extinguisher mount)

I also bought an axe/shovel mount for a warrior roof rack.

I haven't installed the replacement mounts yet, but the quickfist clamps don't seem like they'll hold up when it gets sporty.

For my pro eagle jack, I welded up a mount that is attached to the bar I made that serves as the center mount loop for the bed mounted spare's tie down.

I still have to figure out what to do with my flashlight and trucker's friend tool. The quick fist clamps have held up for the trucker's friend so far, but now I don't really trust them.

I'd prefer to not end up with projectiles with sharp edges that weigh 1-2 lbs flying around when i least expect it though.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 AM ----------

Have you checked out built right industries bed mounts? I have my shovel and axe mounted.

https://www.builtrightind.com/products/builtright-industries-mbrs-fseries-kit

we mostly all already have them. The quick fist clamps that they recommend dont seem to be up to the task of keeping thinks secure when you drive at speed through whoops or jump the truck.

On a side note, to be clear, i busted the quick fist clamps even with left foot braking and smoothing the truck out to the best of my ability.

They would have snapped within 5 minutes if i was a hammer down "send it always" kind of driver.

I do have deavers and bumps too, so it isnt like i was bottoming out hard.

I've taken a look at a few race prepped trucks. Seems to me, most of those folks are using drake mounts for the extinguishers and simple metal hose clamps to hold everything else in place.

Grey03Cobra

Reaction score
I haven’t had issues yet with the quick fists, but haven’t hammered the truck as hard as most folks here ... tons of off-roading and some fast stuff, but haven’t jumped or hit heavy whoops. I gotta learn what I’m doing first and build up my confidence.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I haven’t had issues yet with the quick fists, but haven’t hammered the truck as hard as most folks here ... tons of off-roading and some fast stuff, but haven’t jumped or hit heavy whoops. I gotta learn what I’m doing first and build up my confidence.

the guidance that I'll give you is, learn to left foot brake.

If you are doubting it, go for a ride with someone who knows what they are doing. ask them to operate the pedals like most ( right foot only), then switch to left foot braking. the difference can be rather amazing.

In the raptor assault class, my co-driver completely scoffed at it, till I got in the seat and showed him the difference.

by the end of the class, he was chastising the truck in front of us for not doing it.

Grey03Cobra

Reaction score
the guidance that I'll give you is, learn to left foot brake.

If you are doubting it, go for a ride with someone who knows what they are doing. ask them to operate the pedals like most ( right foot only), then switch to left foot braking. the difference can be rather amazing.

In the raptor assault class, my co-driver completely scoffed at it, till I got in the seat and showed him the difference.

by the end of the class, he was chastising the truck in front of us for not doing it.

Thanks, I’ll see if there are some YouTube vids. I played around with left footing in my neighborhood ...gonna need to work on my finesse a bit, weird training a different foot.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Thanks, I’ll see if there are some YouTube vids. I played around with left footing in my neighborhood ...gonna need to work on my finesse a bit, weird training a different foot.

it is honestly best to practice in the dirt.

Left foot braking is how you control traction.

Controlling traction is like, the most important part of vehicle dynamics ( lean, pivot, rotation).

There is a reason why many pro pavement racers come from dirt track or off-road racing.

Everyone always mods their trucks to the hilt, but a small minority do the "driver mods" to match.

Learning to REALLY drive is the most rewarding thing you can do in a vehicle ( outside of the stuff that sometimes goes down in the back seat)