Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Off-Roading Your Raptor
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Off-Roading Your Raptor

Southern CO. trails & RTT camping

This is a discussion on Southern CO. trails & RTT camping within the Off-Roading Your Raptor forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
This is what I am going to get when the rack isn't on the truck....

User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2016, 12:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
This is what I am going to get when the rack isn't on the truck.

QTP 3" Electric Exhaust Dumps w/Stainless Turndowns w/Gibson Extreme Dual. Warrior In-bed Spare Carrier. K&N Drop-in. 20" LED Lightbar. Ford Racing Lightbar w/ Hella Black Magic & Comet 500. Custom bed rack. ARB Simpson 3 RoofTop Tent
grancuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 565 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by grancuda View Post
Been thinking of getting into overland / roof top tent camping for a while. Finally pulled the trigger on getting a rack made & picked up a ARB Simpson 3 w/annex.

Last week we went camping/running trails up to southern Colorado to the Trinidad, Pagosa Springs, Durango, Silverton & Ouray.

Here are some pics:

Awesome looking trip.
Got anything planned for the spring?

Now that you've used he roof top tent, how do you like it as compared to typical ground tents?

@Yukon Joe
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

2012 SCREW | NIGHT RAPTOR Revolution Wrap | RPG Stage 4+, Black Tie-rods, Prerunner 1.0 UCA, Steering Res | AMB LED Light Kit | Raptor Retrofit HIDs w/ Amber Ring | Hefty Fabworks Skid Plates | ADD ABS Guard | Recon 10500lb Winch w/ Factor55 | Whelen LEDs | WSI FE Mount | Extang Solidfold | Weathertech Liners | PDP Flaps | TYT9000VHF Radio |
I love Raptorwifey
Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 10:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
Awesome looking trip.
Got anything planned for the spring?
We are planning another Colorado trip for this summer but about twice the time off work this time. We have lots of stuff we wanted to do but time didn't work out.

Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
Now that you've used he roof top tent, how do you like it as compared to typical ground tents?
It really worked out well & would definitely buy it again.

Couple of things of note:

It's nice because you don't have to find a nice flat, in-rocky tent surface area.

It sets up super quick. Probably 4x quicker than a dome tent of equal size.

It sets up easy in the dark.

Your bedding, foam pad / sheets/ blankets store inside.

The bedding is ready once you fold the tent out.

All your supplies can stay in the bed while you sleep unlike camper shell set-ups.

QTP 3" Electric Exhaust Dumps w/Stainless Turndowns w/Gibson Extreme Dual. Warrior In-bed Spare Carrier. K&N Drop-in. 20" LED Lightbar. Ford Racing Lightbar w/ Hella Black Magic & Comet 500. Custom bed rack. ARB Simpson 3 RoofTop Tent
Old 03-30-2017, 09:41 PM   #14 (permalink)

Which part of Oklahoma are you from? I'm thinking of buying a RTT for my raptor and using it as my overland vehicle. Always been a ultra light camping person. But I think I'm ready to move from a hammock to a RTT.
supermilano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by supermilano View Post
Which part of Oklahoma are you from? I'm thinking of buying a RTT for my raptor and using it as my overland vehicle. Always been a ultra light camping person. But I think I'm ready to move from a hammock to a RTT.
Sorry just seen this. We are from the Tulsa area. Midwest Expedition Outfitters (MEO) in Tulsa is who made our Rack and they also sell the RTT's.

Last edited by grancuda; 07-06-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Talking
That rack looks great !

I just got back from Ouray and hit Corkscrew Gulch, Hurricane Pass and California to get to Animus Forks. Then the next day I think we did Red Mountain Pass... to the Yankee Girl Mine.

It would be great to drive those trails and not be concerned about making it back to the hotel by dark !!

Did you have any problems with the truck not wanting to engine brake when coming down the mountain ? I had major trouble. Even in 4 Low and manually shifted in first, the truck would roll up to an RPM of 3K before slowing down.. way too fast for switch backs and with truck in front of me !

Jeff
WHAMMYBAR66 is offline   Reply With Quote