Which Snatch Strap? Tow Strap? Tow Rope?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly J, I would go with the ARB. My friend that 4X4's ALOT will tell you that is the best ******** the market. I trust his opinion.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly J, I would go with the ARB. My friend that 4X4's ALOT will tell you that is the best ******** the market. I trust his opinion.
That's a good recommendation. The only negative thing I've heard about ARB is the cost; they're proud of their stuff. Deservedly so, it would seem.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Did you want a snatch strap or a tow strap? There is a selection of each above. Snatch straps stretch to give you a rubber band effect when pulling someone out, which results in less shock load to your vehicle as well as the vehicle you are recovering. A tow strap does not have that same give. That being said, ARB does make good stuff....

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd go with Fiberlink. They're good quality and inexpensive. I think there's a chance that the strap will die of old age before it gets used to death so price is (for me) an issue.

Our trucks are heavy enough that we need 3" x 30' long.

The Fiberlink is available at Amazon for $59.99 and I've seen them for as little as $45.00 on sale.

79652_FiberlinkCover.jpg

Please don't buy or use a strap with metal hooks or other metal on the ends as they can become projectiles.