Raptor Assault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michelleandrews

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Wondering if the Raptor Assault is worth the time/ money and how much do you learn from it? I know it's free and you drive their Raptor, but you have to pay for your plane ticket and hotel. Is it worth it?

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wondering if the Raptor Assault is worth the time/ money and how much do you learn from it? I know it's free and you drive their Raptor, but you have to pay for your plane ticket and hotel. Is it worth it?

I understand you have limited experience off road which means you likely have almost no experience driving a Raptor off road.

So, it's a no-brainer - yes, you should go to the Raptor Assault since you get to drive a Ford Raptor at no cost to you AND you get off road training in said Raptor.

Bonus: You'll be in Utah so you should rent a car/Jeep/4WD and go visit some of the amazing parks in that state.

PGP10491_1200x500px.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
^^^^^
What he said.

So what? You have to spring for airfare, rental car, hotel, a few meals.
Stay a few days and make a trip of it. OR add a day with the Mustangs.

If you’re not big into off-roading, you just might be at the end of R/A.
It’s fun

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's worth it. Most people that were in my group had never been in a number of the situations we went thru.
Really helps you to get to know the truck, funny to me, a number of guys had no clue what all the truck could do, nor the options they had available to them.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MichelleAndrews,
On the top of the page is a line of links in red. Hit the search button there to do a search of forum topics, or any question you may have....
I took the Raptor Assault back in Sept 2013. I've been driving offroad for 50 years...(98% in sand), and I learned so much that one day that I couldn't believe it. Would I go again? In a heartbeat!
Search Raptor Assault and see what others have said; it's gotten better!

Eddie

croatianhappy

Reaction score
Yes, it's worth it. Most people that were in my group had never been in a number of the situations we went thru.
Really helps you to get to know the truck, funny to me, a number of guys had no clue what all the truck could do, nor the options they had available to them.

I totally agree with this. Hope to get some more action with my own Raptor too.

Gunner11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor assault is definitely a must if you're new to off-roading. I went with zero experience and gained an incredible amount of knowledge and confidence in myself and my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I took advantage of the course and even drove the Raptor out there approx. 2000 mile round trip. I felt it was worth the money and its cool that Ford offers these types of courses. The most beneficial thing I took from the course was how to properly use the different modes and learning how they change the systems. Plus not only did I get to off-road in someone else's truck but I got to use mine off-road in the Utah mountains.