Rally Cross

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is awesome... Only negative thing is the Raptor's size (width and length).. Other than that the Raptor would be a good rally cross vehicle, especially if you gear it with 4.88 gears to be able to accelerate quicker..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
May be next year I will try and make the full event calendar for the Detroit Region. This year I am going to make it to as many as I can, not sure how much that will be.

The rules between stock and modified are very clear, and strict. Any changes from stock will bump you to the modified class. If I can take this more seriously next year what would be cool...

1. Aftermarket front suspension (ability to raise and lower truck stance, lower for RX and higher for offroading)
2. Upgraded brakes, rotors and pads. Calipers in the long future
3. Upgraded steering cooling, and upgraded steering components

But, after a few of these, it might become clear that the truck is just too big. It will be tough like Squatting Dog said. And I have a SCREW, so it is that much longer

I'll try to get pictures, but it will be just me going, so I will have to rely on the other participants.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am going to pull this one up from the grave of last year.

This weekend I registered for a SCCA Rallycross event with the Detroit Region (March 9th). It is going to be interesting, considering I will weigh 2 or 3 times any other car. Looks like they have had a few larger trucks in the past.

Right now, I believe I will be in the Stock All-wheel Drive class.

Anyone have any tips that can help me out? It would be appreciated.
now you are talking my language....... when i have more time i will get in touch with you

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
May be next year I will try and make the full event calendar for the Detroit Region. This year I am going to make it to as many as I can, not sure how much that will be.

The rules between stock and modified are very clear, and strict. Any changes from stock will bump you to the modified class. If I can take this more seriously next year what would be cool...

1. Aftermarket front suspension (ability to raise and lower truck stance, lower for RX and higher for offroading)
2. Upgraded brakes, rotors and pads. Calipers in the long future
3. Upgraded steering cooling, and upgraded steering components

But, after a few of these, it might become clear that the truck is just too big. It will be tough like Squatting Dog said. And I have a SCREW, so it is that much longer

I'll try to get pictures, but it will be just me going, so I will have to rely on the other participants.

GoPro's are a must

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rallycross, the set up

OK, I know there was another thread in the offroad section, but I though I would bring this up to the larger thread to see if a few more people can chime in.

This March I will be entering the Raptor into a Rallycross event. This is some what unique from the stand point of this is an even dominated by vehicles 1/2 to 1/3 the size of the Raptor. Quick look at the other cars in the Stock All-wheel drive class, I will be havin a hard time. (multiple WTX STI's).

So until I can find enough $$$ to buy enough extra parts, and get bumped into the Modified / Prepared Class what tips to you all have to make the Raptor a better RallyX truck?

Thoughts I have considered so far.

1. What mode to put the truck in?
Sport, Advanced, Normal, Diff lock or unlock, ORM or not?
2. Sway bar connected or disconnected?
3. Spare tire attached, or detached?
4. Something else I can think of?

Sound off Xperts

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK, I know there was another thread in the offroad section, but I though I would bring this up to the larger thread to see if a few more people can chime in.

This March I will be entering the Raptor into a Rallycross event. This is some what unique from the stand point of this is an even dominated by vehicles 1/2 to 1/3 the size of the Raptor. Quick look at the other cars in the Stock All-wheel drive class, I will be havin a hard time. (multiple WTX STI's).

So until I can find enough $$$ to buy enough extra parts, and get bumped into the Modified / Prepared Class what tips to you all have to make the Raptor a better RallyX truck?

Thoughts I have considered so far.

1. What mode to put the truck in?
Sport, Advanced, Normal, Diff lock or unlock, ORM or not?
2. Sway bar connected or disconnected?
3. Spare tire attached, or detached?
4. Something else I can think of?

Sound off Xperts

we kind of covered this on FB...

1. I say leave it in sport mode (single press), everything else play around with.. Diff lock/ORM depeds on surface and track conditions.

2. Sway bar on unless you are planning to drive over the WRX and need the articulation.. I will be reinstalling mine after TRR

3. On spare tire, you need that weight in the back of the truck. I know this is a 3+ ton beast and most of the weight is drivers side and biased towards the front. All the weight that you can get in the back pssenger side corner the better.. It will make the truck more nuetral around the corners instead of pushing like a fat hog.. With all that said, looking at SCCA rules there is not too much you can do about that unless you go up to modified class.

4. Have fun, be the innovator, and continue to push the Raptor into new areas.. Every experience (good/bad/or ugly) you can learn from and apply to other areas.. There are going to be Negative Nancies, Debbie Downers, and Polly purests that are going to give you flack.. Just give them the FRF salute :flipthebird:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I though about pulling the rear seats, and I will probably leave the gas tank at whatever it is when I get there (2+ hour drive from my place) to save some weight.

Pushing vehicles to what they are not thought of? Shoot that is Black Sheep style.

Running over WRX's... don't give away my secret weapon!