Rally Cross

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I emailed the Texas rally cross guys. Said they would have to check out my truck to make sure it wouldn't tear up their track.

I was thinking that might be an issue. I was watching a rally cross with 40+ cars and noticed the track didn't look broken in yet. Imagine what 40+ Raptors would do...

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked the Reno SCCA website, the rallycross season is cancelled here. Not enough interest & they cant find a suitable location. Really? That's one thing we do have here is space...

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'll have to bother the AZ guys once they get their stuff up and running. I liked them on FB so I can keep track of it.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I emailed the Texas rally cross guys. Said they would have to check out my truck to make sure it wouldn't tear up their track.

I was hoping for a response like that from the northern va crew, seems like they dont like the idea of trucks in the dirt. :( I will no doubt try again and actually talk to them vs using a buddy as a middle man.

OP
OP
maswhite

maswhite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They were skeptical to let me run at first. Normally they don't allow truck or SUV's because of their high center of gravity and roll-over factor.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going to pull this one up from the grave of last year.

This weekend I registered for a SCCA Rallycross event with the Detroit Region (March 9th). It is going to be interesting, considering I will weigh 2 or 3 times any other car. Looks like they have had a few larger trucks in the past.

Right now, I believe I will be in the Stock All-wheel Drive class.

Anyone have any tips that can help me out? It would be appreciated.

Last edited:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FWIW

I did check with the National SCCA people.

They felt that the Raptor is OK to run in any event, however they deferred to the Local / Regional groups. Basically they said if the RallyX organizer is comfortable with the size of the vehicle and size of the course, than you should be able to participate.