Quick tire deflator kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score

JRASIK_Cdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amazon.com: ARB E-Z Tire Deflator: Automotive

ARB Tire gauge & deflator

I give this 5 stars, even though I had one bad experience after a year of solid use (explained below).

You screw it on, and then counterscrew a piece to remove the valve stem (now safely held inside the tire gauge so you you won't lose it). Then by pulling on a piece of the gauge you release pressure at a fast rate until you hit whatever level you want.

I work outside in the desert and deflate/inflate tires almost daily. That's probably why mine broke after a year.

What happened is I started the deflation and was talking to a coworker while glancing at the gauge. So I was pretty distracted from paying attention to the tire (and it was at night). Then I noticed that the tire was completely flat and the gauge had stopped at 30 psi. Ooops!

That was the only problem I ever had with it, and just went out and bought a new one.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I give this 5 stars, even though I had one bad experience after a year of solid use (explained below).

You screw it on, and then counterscrew a piece to remove the valve stem (now safely held inside the tire gauge so you you won't lose it). Then by pulling on a piece of the gauge you release pressure at a fast rate until you hit whatever level you want.

I work outside in the desert and deflate/inflate tires almost daily. That's probably why mine broke after a year.

What happened is I started the deflation and was talking to a coworker while glancing at the gauge. So I was pretty distracted from paying attention to the tire (and it was at night). Then I noticed that the tire was completely flat and the gauge had stopped at 30 psi. Ooops!

That was the only problem I ever had with it, and just went out and bought a new one.
I use those as well... LOVE it!

I got mine from 4-wheel parts, and it was like $29.99 I think?

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use the tire chucks that came with my compressors, including my VIAIR 450PA, that are similar to this...
ARB605US_Tire_Inflator.jpg

Just lock 'em on without the compressor connected. Squeeze the handle to let air out, release the handle to check the pressure. If I'm airing down, I'm always going to have my compressor with me, therefore I'll always have one of these on hand. Sure, this may take a bit longer than those fancy-schmancy auto deflators, but I don't have to worry about packing anything else.

In fact, I just got a Matco digital inflator chuck from a friend, that I can't wait to use!
DT4.jpg

Last edited:

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have a Curry one that I've had for about 10 years. Works great.:waytogo:

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Curry one that I've had for about 10 years. Works great.:waytogo:

Yeah, looks like good quality, but you can't do all four tires at the same time. That's what i like about the quick deflator kit. Picking one up tomorrow probably.