Off-Roading With Pets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably depends on the pet. Rufus is a 77 pound standard poodle and 29" at the shoulder, he's a decent size boy but he hates off-roading and he hates riding in the Porsche even more. I enjoy pushing boundaries but I'm strapped into a bolstered seat, my dog hates it. I have lots of other ways to share my life with him without making him uncomfortable. I agree with Trey, plus I saw an in car video years ago of a guy rolling his truck and you could hear the dog yelping and then suddenly no more yelping. It was horrible.

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I take my giant schnauzer "Porscha" with me everywhere I go. Some of my overlanding trips last up to 2 months. I generally spend 3 months a year overlanding all over the western states. She sits at the rear door on my raptor just waiting o get in the truck. I have a memory foam bed in the rear part of the super crew so she has lots of room.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our dog Dixie, 85lb yellow Lab, loves riding. We went to Petco, they have a harness/belt combo. The harness goes on her and has a belt that clips into the rear seat belt, clips in just like factory belt. Great safety for her in the event of bad day. She loves riding in the back of my side by side as well. Just a FYI. If you dog likes to be between ya'll like ours. Get a Yeti Roadie, fits behind console and fills in space perfect from back seat perfect. I know, spoiled dang dog, o well, also a place to keep cold one.