Off-Roading With Pets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
calling ******** on this post

great respect for treypal but couldnt disagree with you more

Attachments

• IMG_5161(1).jpg
    IMG_5161(1).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 129

Mluis11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing some attention to this Trey. We all love our pets and if you're like me, you feel guilty leaving them at home when they could be out playing with you. But the reality is that pets that aren't secured are in danger of being hurt or hurting others in the vehicle during any kind of moderate off roading. Let's put it this way...would you do the same with your human child? Definitely not! Keep those pets safe!

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As a life long duck hunter I've taken my dogs off road a lot to get to honey holes. They are always secure in their kennels and kennels are secured with tie downs. This is simply the best way to keep them safe. There's nothing wrong with letting them ride in cab or bed while on a gravel road but if the going gets rough I put them back in kennel. They are family to me and keeping them safe is of utmost importance. Just my opinion.

loke

Reaction score
Been offroading with my dogs my entire life. If they get stressed, they sure don't show it. Life is a balance of risk and reward. Everyone should decide for themselves.

shakenbake

Reaction score
I've got three hounds; a lot of this comes down to two simple facts:

1) some dogs are prone to car sickness and some aren't; two of the three love riding in the truck since the desert really is the best dog park.

2) depends on how you drive. if you're a **** and don't care about your pups and think it's cool to have them flying around then I agree about not taking them with you. If you do drive responsibly and they love the end result; then i think you have a well thought out answer.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trey,
I agree with you. I recently drove to Maine....about 7 hours drive time and my 11 month Newfoundland puppy..(if you can call 130# a puppy), got more and more restless the longer we rode. And this was 98% steady highway miles. He's ridden on the beaches in the winter and spring with gentle ups and downs along the shoreline at 70 mph always soft landings in the soft sand, and he seemed happiest when we weren't travelling fast.
I have an extra large Kurgo harness tethered to the middle seatbelt which allows him to move a bit, but the longer we're in the truck the more antsy he is...
Eddie

Harambre

Reaction score
ive got a Frenchie he doesnt really like high speeds and turns so we take little breaks to give him a break but ive got a harness that connects to the seat belt for him.