Off Road Modes at Higher Speeds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys who say you'r driving in 2WD in snow, it seems crazy to me...We had big snowfalls these last weeks here so I've been testing my Raptor in the snow a lot of time, when I say "testing" I mean between 10" and 25" of fresh snow on various roads/trails, going heavy on the gas pedal to see what the Raptor is up to...
At the moment I would reach the snow, it was obvious the truck would stay stuck in 2WD as soon as I started climbing the road/trail to my favorite pow spots for skiing, stock tires may be for something...Dunno how it would handle on flat, we don't have flat in the Alps lol...

Then in 4Hi the truck is blasting trough the snow like a boss, but even in 4Hi it's really easy to slide and drift the beast, would be impossible to keep contron in 2WD IMO...

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do need to experiment with ORM at the higher speeds. Tried it a few times at 'slower' speeds and just don't like it but I really do need to give it more of a try. I have never locked the differential in 2WD mode at higher speeds yet so might see how that feels.

It always seems like my time is limited in the summer/early fall when I explore and I get in a rut of just going with the same all the time and thus this thread to get some more ideas to try and see what works best. I've yet to air down just because it seems I'm always rushed. I know I probably should to get better traction. It's really when I start pushing the higher speeds on the harder gravel/dirt roads in my area with little room for error that I want to make sure I'm in the best off-road mode possible.

Keep it coming!

hackleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i am running consistently over 60mph, i disconnect the ABS/Traction control fuse. I hate going into a turn fast and attempting to slide it through and the traction control attempts to straighten me up. It is borderline scary some times. As for lower speeds i hold the button to get "traction disabled." i do this just because it helps save tires

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

My diff is always locked offroad, it lets the truck slide around and also helps save tires. nothing like smokin 1 rear tire everywhere

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
2wd off road mode and traction control as far off as i can make it. doesnt matter the type of terrain. i have never locked my diff and only use 4wd when necessary

I can verify the 2WD all the time and a 4WD only "when working" theory.

Attachments

• IMG_2634.jpg
    IMG_2634.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 117
Last edited: