off road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with my truck off road in dubai its raptor 6.2 it was perfect for normal drive and drive fast in desert. in dunes the car was not so good i tried by applying off-road mode and 4wd high thats was not good because when i put in drive the car shift up in the middle of the hill then i try to lock it in 2nd it was so lazy when i put in first gear it was not that good too because a lot of power and that makes the car stuck in the middle of the hill. do you advice to to use 4WD low or another thing can be done for high hills in desert

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

another question should i stop the truck before moving from 2wd to 4wd or i can do it while am driving

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technically you can shift to 4WD while your moving but it's better to stop. If you do it alot while you are moving it can mess some things up in your front end.

Also only advice I have is possibly some better tires for sand. Like the BFG Projects

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can shift the truck on the fly from 2wd to 4x4 high. 4x4 low will ONLY engage when the truck is slower than 3mph and in neutral

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have BFG on the vehicle right now

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

20psi
What psi were your tires at?

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

ok i mean i can drive on dunes with 4WD low or high preferd which one give better performance high or low 4wd on dunes

You can shift the truck on the fly from 2wd to 4x4 high. 4x4 low will ONLY engage when the truck is slower than 3mph and in neutral

Voodoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you have it in offroad mode it is a slug in the dunes and hill climbing. i use 20 psi front and 15 in the rear, 4x4 low, traction control pressed for 10 seconds or till it flashes and offroad mode on and set it in that order. i am out in glamis, superstition mtns or buttercup almost every weekend and that setup seams to work the best.

OP
OP
U

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you have it in offroad mode it is a slug in the dunes and hill climbing. i use 20 psi front and 15 in the rear, 4x4 low, traction control pressed for 10 seconds or till it flashes and offroad mode on and set it in that order. i am out in glamis, superstition mtns or buttercup almost every weekend and that setup seams to work the best.

i did everything u said but rear tyres was 20 and 4x4 high not low i will try it on low next time what about the difflock do u use it or no

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

4x4 High for dunes/sand

i did it but too lazy jeeps was doing greater than my truck

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

Hit it with more speed!! :)

the car perfect but the up shifting make it lazy it shift up in low rpm it become too lazy