Noob here, need advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright gents, I am taking a trip down to Alabama this week to hit up some old stomping grounds, thing is, I haven't taken my beast off roading yet. Ie had it for 5 months and have been waiting for this moment forever. However, my truck is 100% stock. Does this mean I can't push it to the limit due to bending the frame and things of that nature.

My brother just got a '13 Sierra with an offroad package and I want to put him in his place. Any advice would be appreciated!

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get er done! Have fun wouldn't be too worried about it personally. Unless your hardcore desert jumping you'll be fine.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Assuming your not going rock crawing & have some space to run, your bro will be slowing you down enough so you really wont have to worry much.
Biggest problem with these trucks is that they are so good at what they do, you dont realize how fast you are going in relation to another vehicle. You think your just motoring along, thinking "This isnt all that fast", then you run up on something else and find out yeah-you are hauling ass.
Seriously, no BS -dont let it turn into a race or your bro might just get in over his head & either crash or break his truck.

Peattie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was my understanding that the guy that bent his frame was doing like 100 through whoops?? but ive gone off roading with mine and did quit a bit of jumping at the raptor round ups and havent had a single problem. except with the stupid tires you should be good

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was my understanding that the guy that bent his frame was doing like 100 through whoops?? but ive gone off roading with mine and did quit a bit of jumping at the raptor round ups and havent had a single problem. except with the stupid tires you should be good

There's been several guys, almost all have been bent on a kicker, not jumps. It happens when it G's out