Maximum lateral angle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats the maximum lateral angle you've taken it? It would be nice to know what the number would be before it's unsafe. I think I've taken it to about 14. But its starting to feel quite alot force pushing you at of that seat, with the belts trying to keep you in!

BeachWarrior

Reaction score
Here is a picture of a 30 degree side incline at the Raptor Assault course that I attended. The instructor said that 32 degrees would be pushing it and recommended not going above that number. It is amazing how stable the Raptor is at 30 degrees. The instructor tried to tip the truck over with us in it. It wouldn't budge with all of his weight on it.

I'm sure there are some experts on this forum that can give us their opinion.

Attachments

• 30degrees.jpg
    30degrees.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 441

LandFill

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are really on it in a sand bowl you can push 32 no problem! Catching pics of this at Glamis is next seasons goal.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
I got a 37 a couple weeks ago out in McLean but that was just playing diagonally on a hill slowly until the back tire came off the ground.
Playing with the angles isn't for everyone, but for people that like to work the truck hard, its good too know where your limits and comfort levels are on hard and soft terrain.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is a picture of a 30 degree side incline at the Raptor Assault course that I attended. The instructor said that 32 degrees would be pushing it and recommended not going above that number. It is amazing how stable the Raptor is at 30 degrees. The instructor tried to tip the truck over with us in it. It wouldn't budge with all of his weight on it.

I'm sure there are some experts on this forum that can give us their opinion.

That's awesome. Did the dash read out say 30 on it?

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

Laurie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing to keep in mind is knowing where the limit is in static conditions is one thing - but in the real world off road situation - if you are anywhere close to that limit you want to be really careful about any bumps on the high side or dips on the low side that might tip you over the edge.

The gauge is nice to have but I've always said when you're at any angle where the gauge starts to be interesting, your eyes need to be looking at what is infront of you :)

OP
OP
matrix243

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. Especially if traction might be on the verge of slipping.

But if you do have an awesome foundation for traction and you're hardly moving, like the rock pic, the next critical is rollover. And its very difficult to counter if you're going over. So the numbers are a nice reference.