Hard Off-Roading with A/C ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paratrooper84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been taught never run the a/c when running you car or truck hard. Bad for engine and power loss etc etc..I can see why you might running it when off roading to keep the dust out when trailing someone. Def a pain cleaning the interior when is does get dusty. As far as our trucks is it good or bad for our trucks or does it matter.. Does anyone run there a/c while running their rigs hard ? I typically try not to while hard off-roading because I'm being a wuss lol... Any thoughts guys and gals?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

At every raptor run that I've been to, I have always run the A/C including the cooled seats. You get too much dust (or mud) with the windows down and with the windows up, it gets too hot. I have not had any trouble. I plan on running A/C when going to Baja too.

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 6.2 L paired with the clutches on modern A/C compressors will be fine in any conditions that keep the serpentine belts from getting submerged for extended lengths of time.

Last edited:

BearClaw

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And be careful you don't hit defrost while running offroad with AC recirc on. You will will get a face full of dust as Defrost shuts down recirc......from experience; -)

abiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thnk you will be fine. probably only notice some power loss if youre boosted thouhg.

RedPhive

Reaction score
The 6.2 L paired with the clutches on modern A/C compressors will be fine in any conditions that keep the serpentine belts from getting submerged for extended lengths of time.

Concur. Just got back from a 200 mile desert trip with the AC and cooled seats running the whole time.