got stuck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
In a mud pit today along side a ram 3500 :/ . JK saved the day by pulling us out. COuldnt snap pic as the mud was up to my doors . I left the engine on and the exhaust was submerged under water/mud. Must of been 5 minutes before i got pulled out. Tomorrow im going to preasure wash it but just wondering could i have hurt anything??? Should i change my fluids? Everything is fine other than a missing plastic cap on my rim that covers the lugs and a front wheel well panel came loose but easy to fix.

I really Fked up got too excited and went straight into a deep spot.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
should be fine. The mud will get between the leafs of your rear springs and things will start creaking and moaning, but pressure wash them and grease them if you really want to be safe. Biggest worry would probably be water in your rear and front diffs, but if the seals are good you should be good. Glad you got out.

Banned
Reaction score
Nah you should be fine man. On such a new vehicle the seals will be good still and will keep that crap out (I hope anyways lol) just pressure was it good.
After I go down a road with a foot of mud and clay I spend about 20 minutes knocking off chunks of mud, then hit it with a pressure washer and it's good as new.

justthebest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the manual recommends that if you submerge the rear diff you replace the fluid (if I'm remembering right)

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the manual recommends that if you submerge the rear diff you replace the fluid (if I'm remembering right)

Yes, this is true. Page 24 of the separate supplemental Raptor manual for the 2011 model has this footnote:

"Your vehicle's rear axle is filled with a synthetic rear axle lubricant and is considered lubricated for life. These lubricants do not need to be checked or changed unless a leak is suspected, service is required or the axle assembly has been submerged in water. The axle lubricant should be changed any time the rear axle has been submerged in water.

Given this on a vehicle marketed as a high-performance off-road vehicle, you'd think that they would equip the differential with a drain plug.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Netix

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
lol that's not me.i was stuck in a.pit where the locals had a name.for.it haha. i was racing a quad around in laps and decided to take the shortest way. i heard that those.pits swallow super dutys. ill probably find myself on YouTube as a bunch of people cane to see my captor getting pulled out. in the video i climb in and out of the sunroof hahahah

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my old Tacoma spent roughly 3 hrs like this running. The only damage i had was a belt a pulley ,an the rear main diff seal blew . i did this with roughly 1,200 miles on the truck kept it till i had 34,000,an it never gave me any issues after it was fixed.Just to be safe i changed all my fluids better safe then sorry.

Attachments

• taco.jpg
    taco.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the manual also states that fording depth should be kept below the wheel hubs, so water contamination of fluids is likely in your case. Also keeping in mind that that the transmission etc. has breathers that can suck in water regardless of the other seals. Fluid changes are cheap insurance against the future damage.

OP
OP
Netix

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
power washed it today even the under carriege. ill get new fluids just in case. Good thing i wasn't in the ram 3500 spot. the deepest almost covered his entire hood

Sent from my SGH-I717R using Tapatalk 2