Ford Raptor Trail Project - Maps of where to run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Perhaps if this was in the members only area. Folks spend countless hours mapping and prerunning trails. To give it away free to the public is asking a lot.

Did you not read the recent thread on trail mapping?

No I did not see a trail thread.

I spend just as much time mapping and share the routes. I guess I am used to a different web community that works together on things like this. If it is just me posting an sharing then this will be a SLOW project. As noted I will do the conversion / map it if people tel me the trail.

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm I see this going both ways:

The Good: trails galore that have been explored / mapped by a Raptor owner (hopefully) since some trails you find are jeep width and too narrow for our trucks.

Would be fun to look up one of the trails by you to go have a weekend run.

The Bad:

As Joe said, and I'll have to agree, some people spend hours and hours compiling trails. I sure wouldn't want to, and don't mind signing up for a run and paying a little bit of money to reap the rewards of someone else's labor.

There is a guy charging a few thousand dollars for a run on the west cost that's primarily for sports cars..... Why? Because he put together the "trails" on the CPH I suppose.

Also, I think it's safer and more fun running with a big group of raptors. The looks on peoples faces as we blow by them in some small town. Also, I know for a fact I was damn glad I could basically shut off my brain and play follow the leader.

I guess, it would be up to the owner of the trail maps if they would want to donate.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Plus the liabilities

Not sure how you figure you are liable for saying "look there is a trail". That is a far stretch as the book publisher have any trail we would use most likely.

If no one wants to share that is fine. As stated there are already plenty of trail books and sites out there that have every route mapped most likely. This was to be a place to share as last I thought the forums were a place to bring the owner community together.

As for putting hours in I am doing the same but I am sharing what I find as well as plan on organizing trips. So I am on both sides of the coin. I am not just blindly asking for peoples data without putting in the time of my own.

If this is a dead project oh well. I will keep plugging away and at some point it will have a nice selection of roads for owners to use.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Not sure how you figure you are liable for saying "look there is a trail". That is a far stretch as the book publisher have any trail we would use most likely.

If no one wants to share that is fine. As stated there are already plenty of trail books and sites out there that have every route mapped most likely. This was to be a place to share as last I thought the forums were a place to bring the owner community together.

As for putting hours in I am doing the same but I am sharing what I find as well as plan on organizing trips. So I am on both sides of the coin. I am not just blindly asking for peoples data without putting in the time of my own.

If this is a dead project oh well. I will keep plugging away and at some point it will have a nice selection of roads for owners to use.
Where Huck is saying that we could be liable is if a trail doesn't work out and say someone damages their vehicle or hurts themselves trying it. Or what if your trail unwittingly ends up on private or restricted land and the person gets ticketed or fined or shot. You gave them the trail with them under the assumption that it was safe or verified. This isn't always the case, I'll tell you right now that I can see serious issues with me putting our trails out there for the general public to find and use.... How about driving over a ridge and not being able to get back out? (Night Raptor 1 lost some IWEs on that one) Hitting a 3 foot ditch where the land has shifted over the road? (One of the many reasons not everyone is cut out to be a support truck) or simply running out of trail....even though it says it go through? Don't get me wrong, I nabbed a small section from an overlander forum for ARDD that was very fun, if not a little hairy for our wheel base. But there are certain runs I would never put out there for public use. Like Yukon said, I'd likely share them in the members only section or on a requested basis but not to every Tom, ****, and Yuppy that has an internet connection.

The one I would/did share was one of our Carolina monthly meets you can see here.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f112...hly-meet-white-lake-area-nc-33675/#post673168
They were very wide, safe trails, and I clearly explained potential hazards. That is not always possible without a shit ton more work, especially the bigger runs where we've mapped hundreds of miles of trails.

But by all means best of luck with your project and don't take it so personal or that people are being selfish. It's not like that at all... And you're not coming off in the best light getting so offended over it...

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not offend in anyway. If it came off that is the downside of the internet and tone of the text.

I knew asking for assistance was LONG SHOT. I was under no assumption that people would just go "here ya go". My hope was there was runs that people would share for other to enjoy.

As I said I will keep plugging away at it. If people wish to help great and if not no worries either way.

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I am not offend in anyway. If it came off that is the downside of the internet and tone of the text.

I knew asking for assistance was LONG SHOT. I was under no assumption that people would just go "here ya go". My hope was there was runs that people would share for other to enjoy.

As I said I will keep plugging away at it. If people wish to help great and if not no worries either way.
I think you missed that I gave you a route.

Here's the quick video I threw together.
https://youtu.be/e3kgJ6ma1bE

I'd also suggest searching the off-road expedition/regional sections of the forum, I can think of at least 2 others that published their routes.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you missed that I gave you a route.

Here's the quick video I threw together.
https://youtu.be/e3kgJ6ma1bE

I'd also suggest searching the off-road expedition/regional sections of the forum, I can think of at least 2 others that published their routes.

Ah I do apologize I missed the link. Thank you for the link and recommendation.