First Aide Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do offroad guys or groups build First Aide kits for their trucks?

This subject gets tossed around a lot on gun and camping forums but how about offroading? Now offroading is self explanatory but generally speaking offroaders tend to find them selves way off the beaten path. So I was wondering if you guy assembled first aide kits or bought one from CVS/Walgreens or simply didn't carry one?

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I carry one from West Marine, but I've seen some folks carry full EMT bags (and know how to use them).

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The "problem" with First Aid kits is once you have one (like I do) you might worry that it's not complete enough. I need to go through mine and determine what's missing and what needs to be replaced/updated. I keep it under the back seat so it's always in the Raptor.

Frivol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the mandated European first aid kit and a cls bag with full iv kits if it's needed. Yes I know how to use it all but would rather only use it when I'm the only choice.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All you need is a good roll of duct tape! :)

Seriously, I carry a decent sized basic first aid kit and a smaller "pocket sized" kit.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah you bet. I permanently carry a larger one by Adventure Medical Kits in the Raptor, as well as a small light weight one in my MTBing bag.

Oh and I carry a huge roll of duct tape too, although I compliment it by also carrying superglue (true story). :)

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool, we carry first aide kits in every vehicle...smaller kits in the car or former hotrods and larger kits in our road travelers. I'll either piece one together or I'll buy a large one from some store and go through it replacing those little packed creams with full size tubes of cream and adding extra band-aides benidrils etc.

JoyJoy

Uber
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Added to the one BigJ has, we also added some cliff bars. I am hypoglycemic an if we decide just to 'see where this dirt road goes' I can't be caught without something if my blood sugar starts to tank. I know it's not really "first aid", but part of our emergency kit none the less.
I found it well worth the time to be cpr/first aid certified. For those who haven't already needed to do that in their careers/military, etc. I think it's a good idea to be comfortable with some of the basics.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Added to the one BigJ has, we also added some cliff bars. I am hypoglycemic an if we decide just to 'see where this dirt road goes' I can't be caught without something if my blood sugar starts to tank. I know it's not really "first aid", but part of our emergency kit none the less.
I found it well worth the time to be cpr/first aid certified. For those who haven't already needed to do that in their careers/military, etc. I think it's a good idea to be comfortable with some of the basics.

That is very smart JoJo,

I personally want go near a dessert without food and water my self. I mean I want even drive through one on a main interstate hwy without food and water. You just never know and it doesn't take much to throw a 1 liter bottle of water and some power bars in the back seat etc. I also carry a can of fix a flat and jumper cables...got the cable idea from my mother and the fix a flat from my wife :)