Dad taught me to crawl, now I wanna run!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you run a bump stop kit from sac or the like do you still run the Sdhq support or does he boxing from the bump stop kit take care of that.
The SDHQ kit may interfere with the installation of the bump stop; the mounting system for the bump stop will reinforce the frame.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, pre run, learn a section of road then slowly step up the speed. Biggest problem with these trucks is they are so capable...to a point, then things can go bad all at once.
And lots of times you don't know when that is until its to late.
Because they are so smooth the sensation of just how fast you are going isn't always there, they will let you "fly into the ground" with no real warning. With a Jeep you know when your moving out.
More than once I haven't felt like I was hauling ass until I ran up on something else, what I was doing 40 on had a stock Dodge, Chevy or whatever crawling at 15-20.
This is why the incremental increase is important. Just because you managed to run a section at 40 doesn't mean 80 is OK, hell, 50 might cause you issues.

OP
OP
addhyperactive
Reaction score
So... I guess it didn't take that long before i felt comfortable jumping this thing :) Got about 4-6 feet of air yesterday and it was a blast! Thanks for all the advice. Pre ran the jump a few times gradually building up speed then on the last run got lift off. It's crazy to me how comfortable and controllable the takeoff and landing were.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk