Current model Jacks and skid plate Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm late to the party, but figured I'd share my recent experience.

I snagged a chase rack from a vendor here in getting my truck ready for some fun. I ca,e to find out that they no longer made their jack mount because harbor freight has changed their jacks (somewhat). I went through every vendor I knew of / came across, and most folks were saying that their skids didn't work with the new/current HF jacks.

Eventually, the rack manufacturer recommended a vendor called solo motors ports. I'm not trying to advertise for them really, just want to let folks know that there is actually a skid and mount made for a current production jack. Per the page, this skid fits the current model 2.5T HF jack.

Solo got me the skid within a week on my doorstep. I went down to the HF and snagged the current jack. Got it assembled today, and it fits like a champ. Now I just need to find someone to do a little light fab work to make the mount work with my rack.

Harbor Freight Jack Mount & Skid Plate – Solo Motorsports

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 149

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm late to the party, but figured I'd share my recent experience.

I snagged a chase rack from a vendor here in getting my truck ready for some fun. I ca,e to find out that they no longer made their jack mount because harbor freight has changed their jacks (somewhat). I went through every vendor I knew of / came across, and most folks were saying that their skids didn't work with the new/current HF jacks.

Eventually, the rack manufacturer recommended a vendor called solo motors ports. I'm not trying to advertise for them really, just want to let folks know that there is actually a skid and mount made for a current production jack. Per the page, this skid fits the current model 2.5T HF jack.

Solo got me the skid within a week on my doorstep. I went down to the HF and snagged the current jack. Got it assembled today, and it fits like a champ. Now I just need to find someone to do a little light fab work to make the mount work with my rack.

Harbor Freight Jack Mount & Skid Plate – Solo Motorsports
Thanks for sharing info! That's the jack I have and I couldn't find skid plate that fits so I've kept it in tool box.

OP
OP
just Mike

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, glad this info was/is helpful.

To elaborate, from the skid manuf. site, here is the jack model being discussed:

The following Harbor Freight Aluminum Floor Jacks will work:

2.5 Ton SKU # 62309 (Current SKU # as of 12.14.15)

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I want a good light weight jack and skid but would like one that still has the wheels so I can use it on pavement as well

McGrath4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a good light weight jack and skid but would like one that still has the wheels so I can use it on pavement as well

Try the pro-eagle. Looks like a great setup with extension to boot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk