challenging moab trail recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FreightTerrain

FRF Addict
Reaction score
taking a trip to moab late october. already have some moderately difficult trails picked out, but wanted to try something a little tougher to truly test my trucks rock crawling capabilities. ive read "fins and things" is a great trail, and im confident the raptor could handle it in terms of ground clearance and steepness of some sections. just not sure the approach and departure angles are steep enough to prevent scraping in sections like in this pic. not too worried about the trailer hitch and tow hooks but id rather not muck up my front skid just yet. (stock suspension and tires on mid perch.) anybody done this trail or could recommend others i could do? thanks

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Ford took a bunch of Raptors out to Moab when they first came out. I am pretty sure there is a mention of it in a thread here somewhere.

Definitely looking forward to reading your trip report when you get back. Moab is on my bucket list!

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to Moab this summer. Stayed away from difficult trails but had a blast. 37s and raceline bumper definitely helped. Even found places for high speed fun. We were running solo so played it safe.

BlackMamba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Potash Rd down from Shaffer switchbacks was fun. White rim was shut down when we were there but looked promising. Went faster than normal through la Sal mountains but don't remember the trails.